Agent Comics
Agent Comics
Agent Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are our Agents. You can help us share information on eveything comic book, film and gaming related - Be yourself Agents

Agent Comics HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Malt
Novice Agent
Novice Agent
Malt

Marvel Cinematic Universe Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:45 am

Great to finally have Marvel in charge of their own films and have the various threads and characters overlap on the various films. Up until Iron Man, I always felt that the Marvel films strayed too far from their comic book roots in trying to appeal to a wider audience. The X men films are a particular disappointment to me. While they are decent enough films, watching them I'm always spoiling them for myself by being unable to prevent my thoughts wondering back to the comic books and thinking that they could have been done a lot better..

The films post Iron Man are a different kettle of fish though. You can tell from the off that they are being made by the people who know the characters inside out and they are fully done justice too. They are in my opinion, without doubt the best comic book based films ever released. Finally, as a Marvel fan boy I am able to sit back and watch them without having to think 'that's not the way this story should be going' or 'that's not right!'

With each release I find myself being more and more hyped up, safe in the knowledge that the upcoming film is going to be great.

I read and interview a few months back in the lead up to the release of The Avengers in which the Marvel executive who was being interviewed stated that Marvel are actively trying to regain the licences to ALL their characters as they become available. This would be a dream come true for me as other great Marvel characters like Spider-Man and the Fantastic 4 could be brought home as it were and appear alongside the likes of the Avengers.

Looking forward to Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Cap 2 being released over the next few years.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Agent J (Hawky)
Avenger Agent
Avenger Agent
Agent J (Hawky)

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:13 am

I knew at the end of Ironman and Thor with Nick Fury turning up the change was coming. Look at the Batman films now compared to the "Tosh" with Mr Freeze, the Batman Begins was so close to the Comic "Year One" i was jumping up and down at the movies. Also with the Wolverine film, the Deadpool Cameo at the end was epic!!!! So glad the geeks of yesterday are now our age, have cool jobs and loads of money!!
Back to top Go down
Agent K
Avenger Agent
Avenger Agent
Agent K

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

yeah im with you.
It was the same with Daredevil. It was way to depressing for my liking. Hopefully now that Fox are giving the movie rights back to Marvel they can remake it much better.
Back to top Go down
Malt
Novice Agent
Novice Agent
Malt

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Didn't know that Marvel had got the Daredevil licence back, that is good news! I heard somewhere that the only reason Sony rebooted the Spider-Man franchise recently was that if they hadn't of made a film before a certain date, that one would have gone back as well. Don't know how true that one is though...
Back to top Go down
Captain Marvel
Starter Agent
Starter Agent
Captain Marvel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 am

Marvel began releasing short films back on the Thor and Captain America Blu-rays, and they’re poised to premiere the latest short, Item 47. This one stars Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford as a hard-luck couple who get their hands on an alien gun that comes into their possession following the events of The Avengers. Two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are tasked with retrieving this Item 47 from the couple and stopping their crime spree. Not sure how this is going to pan out mind.
Back to top Go down
Agent K
Avenger Agent
Avenger Agent
Agent K

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 am

Ive seen it. Its pretty good if not weird. They end up in a motel and it gets pretty funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe   Marvel Cinematic Universe Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Page 1 of 1