Agent Comics
Agent Comics
Agent Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are our Agents. You can help us share information on eveything comic book, film and gaming related - Be yourself Agents

Agent Comics HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Agent K
Avenger Agent
Avenger Agent
Agent K

Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3 Empty
PostSubject: Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3   Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3 Assassin's_Creed_III_Game_Cover

As this game is so huge it's impossible for me to review it in full right now, so this is going to be more of a review log where i'll continue to update it.

Those that know me are well aware of how much of a Creed fan I am. My favourite games of all time, i own merchandise etc etc, so I was very excited when my freedom edition came and i'd been looking forward to playing this for a very long time.

Anyway on with my review and i've only had time to play 2 hours of it, and I have to say so far i'm pretty dissapointed. Sad
I was looking forward so much to play the new character Connor, he's looked amazing in the trailers etc, but, at the moment im some other guy. (im guessing its his father) which is frustrating as i want to get in to the game, not the back story - 2 + hrs is too much back story.
Along side that, the combat and control system has changed, which was a mistake because they were part of what made the other games so brilliant.. Everything was fluid and intuitive before, now just shooting a gun is extreamley frustrating and its so hard to stay undetected. They also tried to make free running easier, but they've taken out any player skill that was involved and now it's just a case of watching the system do it for you.
This may be because im so used to the controls of the other games as ive played them so much and just need to get used to it.

Hopefully with a few more hours i'll get used to it and think it's amazing, and ask myself what was i worried about before?

SO my initial round up - It looks good, but the story is too slow and they've messed with the mechanics too much.

Lets hope my next log is more positive!...
Back to top Go down
Agent K
Avenger Agent
Avenger Agent
Agent K

PostSubject: Re: Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3   Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 am

Ok so a quick change of scenery and a nice little twist later ( i knew there was a reason i didnt like that guy!) and evrything is better!

...much better. The frontier is beautiful, up there with Skyrim, and playing a young Connor helps you connect well with the character and what he's about.
The reason for the simplified free running becomes aparent when your running through the trees and you find yourself wanting to explore like i did with red dead redemption and san andreas...just to see the beautiful sites.

The combat system is still lacking for me and you dont get enough time to read instructions on how to do the actions, but again, i hope this improves with time.

Things are looking up, thank god!
Back to top Go down
Agent K
Avenger Agent
Avenger Agent
Agent K

PostSubject: The round up...   Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:18 am

Well im dissapointed in short!

Just after the game came out i read all the reviews the likes of IGN and playstation magazine wrote. I remember thinking how can ps magazine slate it so much, i think they only gave it a 7/10 or something and now i have to agree with them.

My biggest dissapointments: 1 - its too short. It was billed as being the longest single player campain of the series... Its not. Its only 12 sequences long and they're really short. Some of them only have 1 mission. I remember AC2 had missions where you had to assasinate loads of people before getting to the main one which completed the sequence. Why have they changed this?
2 - Connor bores me. Hes no where near as cool as Ezio.
3 - Nothings explained enough. From the side missions to 100% sync, to all the new features. I find myself remembering things that i read you could do in the previews before the game came out, and having to google it to see how do do them. I dont think ive dual-wheeled weapons while fighting yet, hows that done any one?
4 - The side missions are pointless (or at least i think they are cos its not explained to me any different).

5 - Theres not enough real assasinating. Assassins are stealthy; get in undetected, kill, get out before anyone knows whats happened. Connor cant do that.

6 - The whole assassins creed has gone out the window. Why call it assassins creed when theres hardly any reference to the order?

I could go on, but as a massive fan of the creed i think id better round up the good things too:
1 - The frontier / Homestead is beautiful. I love exploring and hunting just to look at the sights. However the citys are the opposite. Dull.
2 - The fight amination is better - when it zooms close, again that rareley happens.
3 - Naval battles. These are fun and the graphics are immense.

I think if your new to the Creed then this game is for you. But if your a fan boy like me then it will dissapoint you. AC2 is still the best.

Requiescat in pace.

Heres the link to the PS magazine review that i now agree comletley with and sums up how i feel in more detail.

.http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/assassins-creed-3-ps3-review-struggling-to-break-the-shackles-of-the-old-world/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3   Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Review (ongoing) - Assassins Creed 3
Page 1 of 1